A few statistics that Pastor Bev shared in her e-note last week:
- There are 160 million Americans who are unchurched
- If invited to attend church, 31 percent said they would be “very likely” to come
- 51 percent said they would be “somewhat likely” to come
That means 82 percent of the people who do not go to church in America are likely to attend if they are invited. Here are more statistics though:
- Only 21 percent of active church goers ever invite anyone to church
- Only 2 percent of active church goers invite the unchurched
Pastor Bev’s challenge to us all is to not be a part of the 21 percent or the 2 percent. Since social media allows for easy access to many, I thought that I would start with a simple online invitation. Maybe some of my Facebook friends are not currently attending church, and maybe some of my Facebook friends fall into that 82 percent.
So, I am extending the invitation to you. Awe, come on, won’t you please join me at Highland Hope. We have some hot music! We get down! What do you say? Message me if you need a ride, and Jim and I will pick you up!